Acupuncture for Fitness Junkies

I’ve never had acupuncture; needles make me a little squeamish so I was a bit hesitant to try it. Being a fitness junkie, something is always hurting – my knees from running, my neck from cycling, my mid-back from just about everything.  I was researching different ways to deal with the constant stiffness and pain.  As I searched, acupuncture continually showed up in my search results.  After years of hemming and hawing, I finally tried acupuncture at Your Medicos in Buffalo Grove and LOVED IT (and the therapist Kevin).  I can’t wait to go back.
 
I love massages – the more pressure the better so I was in my element for the first part of the session.  Kevin knew just the right spots and spent extra time working the knots and tight areas along my neck and back.  About half way into the session – Kevin inserted the needles, which thankfully are hair thin.  I have to admit, I was scared - however, after he put the first few in, I realized the fear was unfounded – I hardly felt them.  I did feel a dull ache from some needles but would never have identified the sensation with a needle or called it painful.

Edan Gelt
 
When I left, I didn’t feel much different than after a regular massage, just a bit sore but the next morning was amazing! I woke up without pain for the first time since I can remember.  I didn’t expect this type of result and was shocked.  My back is always stiff and achy in the morning but after the procedure, I felt relief. I seriously had no stiffness in my lower back at all. I’ve already scheduled my next appointment and can’t wait to try acupuncture for my neck and knees too.

Acupuncture offers a wide range of benefits to athletes.  It improves range of motion (frozen shoulder), encourages muscle relaxation (reduces stiffness), breaks up painful scar tissue, speeds recovery (like tennis elbow and hamstring strains) and improves the natural healing process.  Need I say more?

Cost: $65 (price is subject to change) 

For more information visit the Your Medicos website at

www.yourmedicos.com or call 847.850.5882

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FITNESS FAVES AND FADS – A MARKETERS PERSPECTIVE

The Psychology of Reciprocity in Business By Edan Gelt

Approaches to Gauge Your Fitness